The craft of making glass jewellery is about finding an aesthetic style that speaks of your style.
In this 2 sessions of 7 hours, you will dive into plenty of hands-on experience.
You will acquire the basic fundamental skills in creating your own glass jewellery line.
1) explore various glass materials such as frits, confetti, stringers and even murine glass to add a touch of uniqueness to your work.
2) acquire hands-on knowledge of how to creatively use clear, coloured, textured and dichroic glass.
3) learn how to use non glass materials such as foil and sand to add accents to your work
4) learn how to use heat to control the outcomes of your fired glass piece.
5) learn the basic hand finishing techniques (coldworking) and fixing of bails techniques.
Basic glass cutting class
Third Thurs of the month, 10am - 4pm, 4th Thurs of the month 2pm - 4pm.
20 July 10am - 4pm, 27 July 2pm - 4pm
24 Aug 10am - 4pm, 31 Aug 2pm - 4pm
21 Sep 10am - 4pm, 28 Sep 2pm - 4pm
19 Oct 10am - 4pm, 26 Oct 2pm - 4pm
23 Nov 10am - 4pm, 30 Nov 2pm - 4pm
1) varied bulleseye glass materials to make 30 pendants
2) inclusive of 10 hours studio access pass (worth $120)
3) 20% off all supplies and firing - post class promotional package
4) prices are inclusive of 7% gst
Participants are strongly encouraged to take up:
1) 'Making Special Glass Patterns' Sessions to add variety to their designs (3 hours/$160)
2) 'Refining Glass Jewellery with Machining Techniques' (3 hours/$380)